Friday 17 August 2012

Stomping in the rain

Blog entries seem to go hand in hand with procrastinating on writing papers, doing assignments and studying for exams.  Yes…I have another 6000 word essay due on Monday and here I am...practising my writing skills on a blog entry.
 
The month is just past its half-way mark and I’ve achieved, realized and battled through so many things over the last 19 days.  Firstly, I have successfully quit smoking for a whole year this month.  Yay!!  But I’ve also been battling with the flu for exactly 19 days as well, all while starting a brand new job, with a crazy 2 week ramp up after which I need to take over and run a large 100 vendor project for a very well-known retail company in South Africa.    And just for good measure…I’ve been hit down countless times during this quest with vertigo and migraines.  For those who don’t know, vertigo is a sensation that everything around you is spinning or moving, which in my case is caused by a problem in the inner ear.  So it was fairly distracting (to say the least) to be interacting in deep conversation regarding Intellectual Property and suddenly finding myself leaning heavily to the side trying to stop the room and people from spinning around me.  I can only imagine what is must have looked like to the person I was speaking to!

Nonetheless and besides the tribulations, I think my brain has doubled in size within the last two weeks.  A new industry, a new way of thinking, a new set of business problems to solve…I’m in my element!! 

With a hefty path in front of me…with more assignments, presentations and even further ramping up, all I can say is…bring it!!  I’m looking forward to rewarding myself J

No comments:

Post a Comment