Thursday 3 May 2012

Gmail vs Outlook


So yesterday myself and fellow colleagues got an absolutely horrific email from our managing..uhmm…manager;  declaring that our Outlook email accounts will no longer be allowed to sync to ANY mobile device but BlackBerry.  Shock Shock, Horror, Horror!

For those who know me, I have never been a BlackBerry fan.  I have never quite had a good reason to jump on that bandwagon and have always found myself leaning toward the unusual like Sony Ericsson and now, my Samsung Galaxy Note running on Android.

Also, allow me to introduce you to the sometimes meticulously planned, organized and efficient version of myself who loves to plot everything in my Outlook calendar.  Of course this allows me to sync it to my mobile device and merrily not have to wonder about what was on my latest shopping list (forgotten on my desk) when I find myself finishing up a meeting early and having some time to do said shopping.

You can understand the upset state I was in when I found out I can no longer do this!  But, where there is a will, there is a way.

Task number one on my To-Do list for today – reschedule my entire life over to my Gmail account.  Note – no syncing is allowed from Outlook to Gmail so this will be a manual entry for entry rescheduling which inevitably will leave me not getting a stitch of work done today.  But as they say…such is life.  Should my managing…uhmm…manager be reading this by any chance, I of course need to do this rescheduling in order for me to be more productive in the long run and manage my time effectively :)

So here I find myself….working from home on a stormy and chilly Cape Town morning, warm hoodie, thick socks, steaming mug of coffee, under a wool blanket with the rain pouring outside; organizing my life over to Gmail.

Make your day great! J
X


No comments:

Post a Comment